In his State of the Union address, President Obama trumpeted comprehensive immigration reform to rousing applause. But The Nation's Aura Bogado points out that what people were really hoping to hear was a promise to halt deportations.
Showing 4 posts tagged President Obama
via Tom Tomorrow
Inside this week’s issue:
- Twenty Ways Obama Can Use Executive Power to Push a Progressive Agenda
- Old, Female and Homeless in San Francisco
- Government Persecution, From Aaron Swartz to Bradley Manning
- Reviewed: Moussa Touré’s La Pirogue, Ruben Fleischer’s Gangster Squad
- Melissa Harris-Perry’s Column: From Seneca Falls to Selma to Stonewall
- Eric Alterman’s Column: The ‘Sully’-ing of American Journalism
& much more.